My colleague Bonifácio, his wife Estefânia, and their daughters are good friends of mine. In addition to working with Bonifácio on a daily basis in our organization’s office, I help in various ways with the Christian preschool his family runs. I have also visited their home and the church they have planted. Estefânia helped me host a year-end party for my co-workers, and later welcomed me home from my vacation with a delicious meal. She and her girls, to whom I hope to begin teaching music soon, recently accompanied me to the recital of my current music students.
When Estefânia’s father passed away suddenly two weeks ago, I was able to console her before she traveled to be with her family. Her older daughter spent the night with me before catching a different ride to the same place the following day. This past Sunday, I went to their house for a service of consolation planned there by their church; however, it was almost over when I arrived, since it had started earlier than anticipated (quite the opposite of what normally happens here!).
I hope this sampling of activities we’ve done together in the last few months gives you a flavor of my relationship with this sweet family. Since I care about them, I would like to request your prayers on their behalf. You can pray that they would:
- Finish construction of the home they are already living in.
- Avoid malaria, which has plagued them incessantly at the new home.
- Obtain a vehicle for family and ministry use.
- Obtain a piano so I can give them music lessons.
- Continue spiritual growth in the church they have planted.
- Establish a church in the remote village where they have begun outreach.
- Minister spiritually to the families of preschool students.
- Obtain a printer/copier and a projector for the preschool.
- Receive sufficient funds to continue operating the preschool.
Thank you very much!