Emmanuel Presbyterian Church is a community of people called by Christ and shaped by grace to worship God and make his love known in Cedar Park and the world.
• Genuine Relationships: Authentic community is a group of sinful people called by Christ and shaped by God’s word into an open family. We seek to be a safe place for genuine relationships to be formed and nurtured.
• Hospitality: Because we follow Christ, we are here to welcome all that come. We are broken people that need a savior, glad to show others the grace we have received from Christ.
• Growth: Even as broken people in a broken world, we do not wish to remain that way. We seek to grow in the grace of Christ through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit and the ministry of the Word.
As followers of Christ, we are called to worship the one true God. We do this regularly to the glory of God for the benefit of our souls. At Emmanuel, our worship is:
• Historically grounded: Our worship is historically grounded in the traditions of the Church, so that we may unite our voices with Christians from all times and places.
• Present Celebration: Our worship is also a present celebration that unites us to our risen Lord, in word and sacrament. We celebrate because of the hope and joy we have in Christ.
• Love: As followers of Christ we are called to love our neighbors in both word and deed. We intend that all of our relationships should be avenues for generous grace, because we ourselves have received these things from Christ.
• Service: We seek to show our love through acts of service in the communities and neighborhoods around us.
• Place: We are not just a church in Cedar Park, but we are a church for Cedar Park and the entire northwest side of Austin. We intend to seek the welfare of the communities in which we live and are situated.
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church in Cedar Park began life as a site of Redeemer Presbyterian Church of Austin in the fall of 2013. Pastor Greg Ward was called by Redeemer along with Pastor Ken Cambell and a small group of church members to begin a worship service on the Northwest side of Austin. We held our first worship service on Oct. 13, 2013 at the Brushy Creek Montessori School. God saw fit to bless this ministry and by 2015 we had outgrown our first home and moved our fledgling church to Summit Christian Academy, where we presently meet at 10 am on Sunday mornings.
In the fall of 2016 Emmanuel petitioned the South Texas Presbytery to be formulated as a particular church in the Presbyterian Church in America. We celebrated becoming a particular church on January 15th, 2017. We hope you will join us!